The Faculty of Agronomy was established in 1956. It consists of 10 departments: Plant Genetics and Breeding; Plant Physiology; Food Crops; Industrial and Medicinal Crops; Vegetables - Flowers - Fruit Crops; Entomology; Plant Pathology & Agro - Pharmacy; Agricultural Systems; Botany and Cultivation Science. In addition, the faculty has 5 research centers: Tropical Plant Pathology, Tropical Bee and Beekeeping Research, Organic Agriculture Promotion and Studies, International Plant Research Vietnam and Japan, High Quality Vegetable Research and Development. Also, it has 5 laboratories: Crop Science, Plant Production Physiology, Plant Physiology, Plant Genetics & Breeding and Horticulture.
Faculty Management Board
Total: 78 persons of which
By academic title:
- Prof: 3;
- Assoc. Prof: 19 persons.
By academic degree
- PhD: 31 persons;
- MSc: 23 persons;
- BA: 2 persons.
1. Tropical Plant Pathology
2. Tropical Bee and Beekeeping Research
3. Organic Agriculture Promotion and Studies
4. High Quality Vegetable Research and Development
5. International Plant Research Vietnam and Japan
1. Crop Science
2. Plant Production Physiology
3. Plant Physiology
4. Plant Genetics & Breeding
Undergraduate programs (4 years)
Crop Science (English program)
High Tech Agriculture
High Tech Agriculture
Agriculture Extension (POHE)
Landscape Design and Horticulture
Production and Management of Horticulture in a sheltered house (POHE)
Landscape Design (POHE)
Marketing and Trade (POHE)
Master programs (1.5-2 years)
· Crop Science (application-oriented course);
. Crop Science (research-oriented course);
· Plant Genetics and Breeding (research-oriented course);
· Plant Protection (application-oriented course).
. Plant Protection (research-oriented course).
Doctoral programs (3-4 years)
· Crop Science;
· Plant Genetics and Breeding;
· Plant Protection.
R & D Focus
· Genetic analyses and breeding of new crop varieties with emphasis on high yielding quality and tolerance stress (rice, soybean, tomato, etc.);
· Development of technical packages for intensive crop cultivation;
· Pest and disease management, crop management;
· Plant germplasm conservation;
· Organic agriculture;
· Sericulture and beekeeping.
Tel: +84-24- 38276473