The Faculty of Animal Science (FASA) was established in 2007 being split from the Faculty of Animal Science and Veterinary Medicine, which was established in 1956 when the University was founded. FASA has 6 departments: Biology and Zoology; Animal Biochemistry; Animal Physiology and Behaviour; Animal Genetics and Breeding; Animal Nutrition and Feed Technology; Specialized Animal Production. The Faculty has four affiliates: Central Laboratory, Center for Interdisciplinary Research on Rural Development, Center for Research and Animal Production Training, and a Center for High Quality Animal Breeds
Teaching staff: 41 persons of which
By academic title
- Prof: 2 persons;
- Assoc. Prof: 9 persons.
By academic degree
- PhD: 13 persons;
- MSc: 17 persons;
Supportive Staff: 22 persons
- Center for Interdisciplinary Research on Rural Development
- Central Laboratory
- Center for Research and Animal Production Training
- Center for High Quality Animal Breeds
Undergraduate programs (4 years)
Nutrition and Feed Technology
Animal Science - Veterinary Medicine
Animal Science - Veterinary Medicine (POHE)
Master programs (1.5-2 years)
- Animal Science (application-oriented course);
- Animal Science (research-oriented course)
Doctoral programs (3-4 years)
- Animal Science;
- Animal Nutrition and Feed.
R & D Focus
- Improving productivity and quality of live stocks and aquatic products;
- Improving utilization of agricultural byproducts;
- Chemical residues in animal and aquatic products;
- Development of sustainable animal production systems;
- Applied biotechnology in livestock production and aquaculture;
- Development of new forage crops;
- Animal waste management;
- Animal product marketing and commodity chains;
- Animal welfare;
- Climate change regarding animal production.
- Short training course and technology transfer on animal production and aquaculture.
- Consultancy for agriculture and rural development.
Tel: +84-24-38276653/ 62617696