The Faculty of Biotechnology was established in 2008. It consists of 5 departments: Molecular Biology and Applied Biotechnology; Microbial Biotechnology; Plant Biotechnology; Animal Biotechnology; and Biology. In addition, the Faculty has a key laboratory and greenhouse systems.
Faculty Management Board
The Faculty has a key laboratory and greenhouse systems.
Total: 31 persons of which
- Prof: 1 person
- Assoc. Prof: 5 persons
- Phd: 9 persons
- MSc: 17 persons
Undergraduate programs (3.5 to 4.5 years)
Biotechnology (English program)
Biotechnology, Edible Mushrooms, Medicinal Mushrooms (POHE)
Master program (1.5- 2 years)
Biotechnology (research oriented program.
- Molecular mechanisms of tolerance to various abiotic and biotic stresses;
- Molecular investigation of herbal/bio insecticides;
- Molecular diagnosis genetic disorder diseases;
- Recombinant enzyme production;
- Exploitation of natural compounds for health protection in animal and pest control;
- Improve and modify plant traits via plant cell technologies and genetic engineering;
- Plant breeding using conventional method and marker assisted selection;
- Molecular evaluation and conservation of plant genetic resources;
- Plant propagation using tissue and cell technology;
- Application of hi-tech in crop production;
- Animal reproductive biotechnology;
- Animal cell biotechnology;
- Animal biodiversity conservation.
- Microbial biotechnology in agriculture;
- Microbial biotechnology in food industry;
- Microbial biotechnology in bio-remediation and environmental protection;
- Edible and medicinal mushroom production technology.
- Production of bioactive compounds;
- Production of additive foods for aquatic culture;
- Unsaturated fatty acid and bio fuel production;
- Water pollution control.
- Detection of residues of pesticides and preservatives in food and agricultural products;
- Detection of plant and animal pathogenic viruses;
- Biosensors and aptamers for environmental control and remediation.
Tel: +84-24- 62617657