The Faculty of Economics and Rural Development (FERD) was established in 1961. It consists of 5 departments namely Economics, Agricultural Economics and Policies, Resource and Environment Economics, Rural Development, and Quantitative Analysis. It has the Institute of Economics and Development and Center for Market and Institutional Research in Agriculture.
Faculty Management Board
Teaching staff: 73 persons of which
- Prof: 2;
- Assoc. Prof: 11 persons.
- PhD: 17 persons;
- MSc: 41 persons;
- BA: 2 persons.
Supportive staff: 20 persons of which
1. MSc: 2 persons;
2. BA: 18 persons
1. Institute of Economics and Development
2. Computer labs
3. Center for Market and Institutional Research in Agriculture
Economics and Natural Resources and Environmental Management
Agricultural Economics (English program)
Rural Development Management (POHE)
Production and Services Organization for Rural Development and Agricultural Extension (POHE)
Social works in Rural Development (POHE)
Economics and Finance (English program)
Planning and Investment
Undergraduate programs (4 years)
Master programs (1.5-2 years)
· Agricultural economics (application-oriented course);
· Rural development (application-oriented course);
· Economic management (application-oriented course);
. Agricultural economics (research-oriented course);
· Rural development (research-oriented course);
· Economic management (research-oriented course).
Doctoral programs (3-4 years)
· Agricultural Economics;
· Development Economics;
· Human Resource Management.
R & D Focus
Providing research and consultancy services as requested by governmental and non-governmental organizations, public and private sectors in the following fields:
· Policies for agricultural and rural development;
· Economics and production economics;
· Marketing and value chain management;
· Rural development, poverty reduction and rural institutional reforms;
· Environmental and natural resource economics and management;
· Agricultural extension and technology transferring;
· Economic and development forecasting;
· Economic management;
· Planning, management, monitoring and evaluation of investment and development projects.
Tel: +84-024-3 8276522
Fax: +84-024-3 8276522