The Institute of Crops Research and Development (ICRD) was established in 2005 with its former name Rice Research Institute. ICRD has 5 departments: Hybrid Rice Technology, Inbred Rice Research, Dry Crop Breeding, Agricultural Techniques, and an Office of Administration & Finance.
Total: 37 persons of which
- Prof: 1 person
- PhD: 1 person
- MSc: 11 persons;
- BA: 20 persons.
- Other: 4 person
R & D Focus
- Breeding of super hybrid rice varieties;
- High quality pure-line rice varieties;
- Transfer of agricultural technology and F1 seed production technology.
- Providing research facilities for undergraduate and graduate research projects;
- Offering short-term trainings for local staff and agricultural extension workers.
- Breeding of promising TGMS lines: T1S-96, 103S, T7S, E15S;
- Release of hybrid rice varieties: TH3-3, TH3-4, TH3-5, Viet Lai 20, Viet Lai 50, TH7-2 (two line hybrid rice), CT16, TH17 (three line hybrid rice);
- Development of high quality inbred rice varieties: Huong com 1, Huong Viet 3, Huong com 3, Huong com 4, ĐH6, Bac Thom No 7 KBL.