VISION, MISSIONS, AND STRATEGY
Vietnam National University of Agriculture (VNUA) is striving to be a multi-disciplinary and multi-campus autonomous university following the model of research university, a national and regional center of excellence for creative innovation in training human resources, conducting top research, applicating knowledge and developing technology in agriculture and rural development.
Mission of VNUA is to train and supply high quality manpower; pursue research and development, and new technology and knowledge dissemination in agriculture and rural development in order to contribute to agriculture development and to international integration.
VNUA's Educational Philosophy:
To train and nurture the agriculturalists of the future
TRAIN the mind for creativity
PRACTICE skills for proficiency
NURTURE the thought for nobility
INSPIRE the will for excellence
Strive to produce the AGRICULTURALISTS of the future
STRATEGY FOR THE UNIVERSITY‘S DEVELOPMENT
The strategy is to build VNUA to become a multi-disciplinary research university based on a trifunctional axis:
• Social need-based training is the core drive for all activities;
• Scientific research and technological development is an important highlight;
• Domestic and international cooperation is to enhance capacity in education, scientific research and technology transfer so as to make VNUA become a nationally leading and regionally advanced quality center in the areas of agriculture and rural development.
In the long-run, the University aims to produce graduates with adaptable skills and a good sense of responsibility who are abreast of latest developments in their professional calling and have energy to cope with the changing environment and multi-faceted problems of agricultural industry. In the foreseeable timeframe, the educational programs are geared for producing graduates with a good sense of morality, knowledge ability and skillfulness, attaining premier quality among national universities, and in some areas regionally and internationally recognized by 2015 and 2020, respectively. The measures to be taken include:
- Implementing a comprehensive assessment of needs, professional structure, educational quality, contents and educational methodology;
- Facilitating the development and perfection of curricula toward multi- & interdisciplinary and flexibility to meet the needs of the society;
- Developing advanced and modern material and information system pertinent to ever-changing educational needs;
- Renovating training methods towards developing motivation and skills for self-study/self learning and group working of learners;
- Renovating the assessment on students' accademic perfomance, as well as the fair and apparent evaluation of instructors and University officials;
- Implementing a credit education system and quality assurance measures at all educational levels;
- Promoting international cooperation in education.
Research and Development
Although the University’s first priority is given to the excellence in education, the excellences in research and development, and public services provision are equally dedicated as part of the University’s missions. The strategic goal of R&D is to meet the educational quality requirements, at the same time the needs of the agricultural and rural industrialization, attaining an higher level of recognization in the region. The University shall be a Center of excellence in research in agriculture and rural development in Vietnam.
The measures to be taken include:
- Designing and planning specific research for each discipline; considering interdisciplinary and biotechnological research as key research issues; linking research with education and government development policies as well as the needs of the public and private sectors;
- Promoting domestic and international cooperation and collaboration to implement bilateral and multilateral programs in research and technology transfer;
- Designing and enforcing regulations on research and technology transfer in the direction of decentralization and explicitness; renovating R&D organization and management mechanism and financing; implementing quality-based and efficiency-driven management measures to bring into full play of internal strengths and to encourage all staff, students, and all university’s units to involve in R&D.
Domestic and International Cooperation
The University's domestic and international cooperation has focused on research and the efficient commercialization of research findings with in-land and international organizations and individuals in conformity with Vietnam’s laws and international regulations to enhance capacity in education and R&D. The measures to be taken include:
- Enhancing and expanding official educational linkages, staff and student exchanges with overseas educational and research organizations;
- Furthering international cooperation through designing bilateral and multilateral programs and projects, maximizing international supports for the strategic development of the University;
- Organzing qualifying courses on English language, skills on writing/formulation, bidding, management, monitoring and evaluation of projects for its staff;
- Encouraging and providing incentives to individuals and organizations for a successful implementation of international cooperation;
- Designing and realization of training courses delivered in English as a medium of instruction by adopting up-to-date curricula taught at international universities, that are suitable to the University’s requirements and Vietnam’s development level;
- Promoting domestic and international information exchanges.