FACULTY OF BIOTECHNOLOGY
The Faculty of Biotechnology was established in 2008. It consists of 5 departments: Molecular Biology and Applied Biotechnology; Microbial Biotechnology; Plant Biotechnology; Animal Biotechnology; and Biology. In addition, the Faculty has a key laboratory and greenhouse systems.
Faculty Management Board
The Faculty has a key laboratory and greenhouse systems.
Total: 31 persons of which
1. Prof: 1 person
2. Assoc. Prof: 5 persons
3. Phd: 9 persons
4. MSc: 17 persons
Undergraduate programs (3.5 to 4.5 years)
Biotechnology, Edible Mushrooms, Medicinal Mushrooms (POHE)
Master program (1.5- 2 years)
Biotechnology (research oriented program.
· Molecular mechanisms of tolerance to various abiotic and biotic stresses;
· Molecular investigation of herbal/bio insecticides;
· Molecular diagnosis genetic disorder diseases;
· Recombinant enzyme production;
· Exploitation of natural compounds for health protection in animal and pest control;
· Improve and modify plant traits via plant cell technologies and genetic engineering;
· Plant breeding using conventional method and marker assisted selection;
· Molecular evaluation and conservation of plant genetic resources;
· Plant propagation using tissue and cell technology;
· Application of hi-tech in crop production;
· Animal reproductive biotechnology;
· Animal cell biotechnology;
· Animal biodiversity conservation.
· Microbial biotechnology in agriculture;
· Microbial biotechnology in food industry;
· Microbial biotechnology in bio-remediation and environmental protection;
· Edible and medicinal mushroom production technology.
· Production of bioactive compounds;
· Production of additive foods for aquatic culture;
· Unsaturated fatty acid and bio fuel production;
· Water pollution control.
· Detection of residues of pesticides and preservatives in food and agricultural products;
· Detection of plant and animal pathogenic viruses;
· Biosensors and aptamers for environmental control and remediation.
Tel: +84-24- 62617657