STUDENT AFFAIRS OFFICE
The Student Affairs Office is a functional unit of Vietnam National University of Agriculture (VNUA) to advise and assist VNUA’s President in managing, synthesizing, and proposing recommendations, handle political activities and student affairs at VNUA.
II. Tasks and Rights
1. Developing and proposing action plans on staff and students’ political and ideological affairs; managing students.
2. Organizing activities to propagate the Party's policies and guidelines, the State's laws, the political tasks, and the tradition of VNUA to staff and students.
3. Hosting and coordinating with relevant units to organize trainings on Party’s resolutions and political orientation during the first week of academic year, and hold civic and extra-curricular activity weeks for the entire university; supporting the organization of congresses, conferences and festivals held by VNUA.
4. Organizing the effective management and the use of internal communication system: radio, advertising boards, posters and products used to promote VNUA; managing publications related to ideological and ethical affairs of staff, and publications related to the students.
5. Being the contact unit for with newspaper reporters, radio and mass media.
6. Managing history house, collecting and preserving token, souvenirs and artifacts related to the construction and development process of VNUA.
7. Managing conferences, seminars, and activities at Nguyen Dang Hall, Conference Meeting Room C, and Student Cultural Yard.
8. Managing students’ clubs, cultural, art and sport activities in VNUA.
9. Coordinating with political organizations and unions to manage human resources and the tasks of staff at the Office of Party Committee, Trade Union and Youth Union.
10. Being the focal point to monitor, aggregate, evaluate, report and manage data on VNUA’s student affair and student service activities.
11. Being the focal point to issue student ID for undergraduate and postgraduate students.
12. Being the contact unit for VNUA’s alumni.
13. Coordinating with the University Office to build a green, clean, and beautiful campus and landscape in the residential area and organizing student activities.
14. Coordinating with the Youth Union, Student Association to implement the Union and Association’s activities, and emulation movement among students; proposing the establishment and coordination to maintain activities of the assault youth team.
15. Coordinating with the University Office and units to well ensure the security, traffic safety education, crime and social evil prevention of VNUA.
16. Performing the allocation and distribution of health insurance cards for students (including undergraduate, master students, PhD candidates, and overseas students); coordinating with the medical station to well implement school health services.
17. Being the focal point to organize the evaluation of the training process, cultivating, rewarding and disciplining students and coordinating with relevant units to consider suspension and exclusion for students, and approving students’ graduation.
18. Managing demographic stay and temporary absence of VNUA’s demography in accordance with the law.
19. Hosting and coordinating with relevant units to manage and use students’ employment.
20. Implementing procedures of policies and regimes related to scholarships, tuition fees and subsidies for students.
21. Managing records and certifying papers for undergraduate and graduate students.
22. Resolving issues related to undergraduate and graduate students.
23. Counseling and introducing jobs for students.
24. Being the focal point for relevant agencies and organizations according to their assigned functions and tasks.
25. Fully managing personnel, proposing the demands and coordinating with other functional units to participate in the recruitment, training and retraining of officials and contractual employees of the Office according to current regulations at grassroots level.
26. Managing and using effectively the assigned labor and assets according to the provisions of law and the University.
27. Performing other duties assigned by VNUA’s President.
Office Management Board
Office: First floor, Administration Building, VNUA